Ribbon Creation Tool
Ribbons form the foundations to many rigs, but they can be time consuming to create. With this tool I want to take the pain out...
Ribbons form the foundations to many rigs, but they can be time consuming to create. With this tool I want to take the pain out of building ribbons and give you the option to quickly create a biped limb ribbon, a quadruped limb ribbon and a more custom ribbon based off a models surface, which can then be used to simulate muscle movement.
- Build basic ribbons with any number of joints.
- Automatically add controls to the ribbons.
- Offers support for different joint orientations so they match your base skeleton.
- Now includes quadruped support so you can create ribbons with two knee joints.
- Convert a surface into a ribbon tool.
- Also has matrix support for Maya 2020+.
- Convert a follicle based ribbon into a matrix based one.
Watch this in depth tutorial video the learn more.
Version 2.8 Updates - Various bug fixes - You only need to select the root joint now to use snap to joints - Ribbon length now uses the length of the joints, if one is selected, to get the perfect fit - Added the Extra Group Option which creates an extra group under the offset groups - Added The Simplify Ribbon option which creates a simpler and less dense ribbon - Fixed a bug where the deformers wouldn't apply in the correct order
Version 2.75 Updates + Added Maya 2022 Support
Version 2.5 Updates + Added Sine Deformer + Added Twist Deformer + Added Jiggle Deformer + UI Updates & Bug Fixes
See the updates in action - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV3Duv6DNoM
Version 2.2 Updates + Tweak Controls + Angle Controls + Remember Previous Settings + Hide News & Updates Section + Bug Fixes
Version 2.0 Updates
- Matrix Ribbon Support
- Quadruped Ribbon Support
- Added Global Scale Support
- UI Updates
- Automatic Control Colours
- Bug Fixes
Many more updates to come in the future including
- Automatic Ribbon Weighting