Grayscale to Color Painting with Procreate
Procreate is an amazing digital art app on iPad for sketching, drawing, finished illustrations, and painting that total beginners or seasoned professionals can use to...
Procreate is an amazing digital art app on iPad for sketching, drawing, finished illustrations, and painting that total beginners or seasoned professionals can use to make digital art! Procreate is a bit like a piano. If you know the basics, you can play Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star or, with a little practice, you might play some Beethoven!
My name is Kurt, and I use Procreate in my professional work Image Comics as well as my own digital paintings. I've been creating tutorials and online courses since 2013 teaching thousands of students worldwide about digital art.
The course is designed to show you an easy-to-follow, step-by-step method of digital painting from grayscale to color. It's a great way for beginner's to learn how to focus on the important parts (value and contrast) without having to worry as much about color at first. This method will make it easier for you to select colors that work well together. You'll also learn how to avoid the common mistakes and pitfalls beginners make - like flat looking colors.
We'll go through the entire process together - from sketch to finished product! In each section, we'll focus on a specific aspect of the process.
We'll start with a basic thumbnail sketch, but feel free to create your own. We'll tighten it up and start adding the light and shading. We'll learn how to apply colors in a simple, but effective way that works for almost any type of digital painting. Lastly, we'll polish up the fine details.
Procreate is MUCH more powerful than most users realize. You'll learn tons of tips, tricks, and shortcuts that I had to learn the hard way! :)
I'll also include the Procreate file I work on throughout the course, so you can see how the layers work from the inside... along with several stages of our exercise, so you can pick it up at almost any point in the process.
So join me! If you'd like a Bob Ross-style walkthrough with my favorite digital art app for iPad, check it out. See you inside! :)
You will get 24 files
All files previously purchased will always be available for download in your Library
- PC0301 INTRO.mp4183.22 MB
- PC0302 ABOUT.mp4285.09 MB
- PC0305 VALUES PART 1.mp4990.86 MB
- PC0303 THUMBNAILS.mp4957.53 MB
- PC0306 VALUES PART 2.mp4761.99 MB
- PC0307 VALUES PART 3.mp41001.02 MB
- PC0304 TIGHT SKETCH.mp41003.6 MB
- PC0308 VALUES PART 4.mp4538.29 MB
- PC0310 SHIFTING HUES.mp41015.19 MB
- PC0309 ADDING COLOR.mp41.08 GB
- PC0312 COLOR CORRECTING.mp41014.92 MB
- PC0311 COLOR DETAILS.mp4799.63 MB
- PC0314 CONCLUSION.mp443.89 MB
- PC03 Time-lapse video.mp4198.7 MB
- PC0313 MASKING ADJUSTMENT...402.1 MB
- PC03_Painting_udemy_value...459.13 KB
- PC03 Final painting.jpg1.16 MB
- PC03_PSD.psd116.44 MB
- PC03 Downloadable content...527.35 MB
- PC03_Thumbnails.jpg774.93 KB
- texture.jpg2.43 MB
- PC03_Painting.procreate252.47 MB
- PC03_roughsketch.jpg317.73 KB
- PC03_Valuepainting.jpg914.82 KB