Tutorial - Visual Storytelling
The goal of this tutorial is to share with you my storytelling techniques through images. I also want to give you some tips that...
The goal of this tutorial is to share with you my storytelling techniques through images. I also want to give you some tips that helped me to find my style and create my own code.
To do so I will describe my creative process, show you the questions I ask myself and how I apply these techniques to my work.
With this tutorial comes 253 photos that you can use to study composition, lighting, color and black & light values. I will use some of them to illustrate my process.
Don’t worry I won’t talk specifically about photography. I will just use the same art/narrative principles that can be applied in any kind of visual art discipline.
Part 1: How to find your style
- Life experience
- Knowing yourself
- Find inspiration in others
- Conscious copying
- A meaningful artwork tells two stories
Part 2: Feelings
- How to amplify a situation…
- … and to not do too much ?
- Offset your reality
- The luxury of choice
Part 3: Storytelling process
- Tell your story with composition
- Compose like an orchestra
- The difference between “rule” and “consequence”
- Catch the eyes
- Create an image like a level design
Personal use only
All of the photos in this product are for your own studies. You can not use them for any commercial work.
- 1 PDF file
- 35 pages
- 253 photos
Follow my journey on Instagram: @nomadphotoreference
- Camera: Nikon Reflex D7200
- Lenses: Nikon 18-105mm | Nikon 50 mm f/1.8 | Nikon 10-20 mm f/4.5-5.6G
- **Filters: ND8 72mm | Polarizing 72mm
- Tripod: Benro | Fotopro
- Camera Hand Strap: Peak Design
Refund & Support: