Concept Art: Zbrush, Keyshot, and Photoshop Vol. 1
Using 3D for Final Concept Art is one of the best ways to sell your Character Designs for Video Games and Movies. Follow me along...
Using 3D for Final Concept Art is one of the best ways to sell your Character Designs for Video Games and Movies. Follow me along as I walk you through my approach to creating engaging characters with cinematic design and realistic lighting and materials.
What topics are covered? - Using Digital 2D Drawing and Painting Techniques to approach your design first in grayscale and then in color. - Concepting techniques for Organic Creature Design and Hard Surface Design in 3D using Zbrush. - Understanding my thoughts on how to use Keyshot to help sell your design with realistic and cinematic lighting and materials. - Putting the finishing touches on a 3D render from Keyshot by using Photoshop painting and photobashing techniques.
Who is this for? Artists/Creatives/Designers who are interested in using digital 2D and 3D techniques to create Characters. This Tutorial Demonstration is targeted at Intermediate and Advanced Artists and above who already have some experience in Photoshop, Zbrush, and Keyshot. However, there are still pointers that could be beneficial for Beginning Artists.
What will I get? - 12 Part Demo (1hr and 41 mins, 1728 pixels by 1080 pixels) with Video Commentary focusing on thought process and techniques. - BONUS 4 Part Demo Focusing on Hard Surface Sculpting in Zbrush. - 5400 x 3498 Pixel Layered .PSD Final File.
What do I need to have before I start? - Zbrush - Keyshot - Adobe Photoshop or equivalent - Knowledge of Zbrush, Keyshot, and Photoshop - Experience with digital image making workflows and digital painting
Who made this? My name is Blake Henriksen and I’m a Senior Concept Artist working at Dimensional Ink Games on DC Universe Online. Previously I worked with Microsoft on the HoloLens, and before that I was a Concept Artist on Life is Strange: True Colors. I’ve also worked as a Concept Artist on Mystic Warlords of Ka’a, Army of Darkness: Defense, and Ninjump: Deluxe. I’ve worked as an Illustrator on a number of card games including: Star Wars – The Card Game and Lord of the Rings – The Card Game.
You will get 14 files
All files previously purchased will always be available for download in your Library
- Goldar-Part-00-Introducti...32.46 MB - 3 min
- Goldar-Part-01-Thumbnails...160.79 MB - 12 min
- Goldar-Part-02-Line-Art.mp4161.77 MB - 9 min
- Goldar-Part-03-Initial-Bl...224.73 MB - 16 min
- Goldar-Part-04-Face-Refin...151.08 MB - 10 min
- Goldar-Part-05-and-06 Sho...216.08 MB - 15 min
- Goldar-Part-07-Arms-and-B...190.77 MB - 14 min
- Goldar-Part-08-Goldar-Leg...198.72 MB - 15 min
- Goldar-Part-09-Goldar-Det...118.71 MB - 8 min
- Goldar-Part-10-T-Pose-Gol...65.58 MB - 5 min
- Goldar-Part-11-Keyshot-Go...160.54 MB - 8 min
- Goldar-Part-12-Final-Pain...114.08 MB - 6 min
- Goldar-Layered-File.psd546.07 MB
- Bonus Hard Surface Demo.zip566.32 MB