Roxy's Corel Painter Layout File
Roxys Brush Creator.xml
This is the brush creator layout file that I mention in my YouTube series: Create Any Brush in Corel Painter. It was created in Corel Painter 2021, but I have had confirmation that it works in Corel Painter 2019 and Corel Painter 2020 as well.
Roxys Brush Creator 2022.xml
This is the brush creator layout file that I mention in my YouTube video Help With Corel Painter Bugs. It was created in Corel Painter 2022, and won't work in lower versions, because it contains panels that were introduced in 2022.
Roxys Brush Creator 2023.xml
This is a brush creator layout file made in Painter 2023. It won't work in lower versions, because it contains panels (Fluid Paint and Color Selection) that were introduced in 2023.
Compatibility & Installation:
Please note that this was created in Windows (Win 10 to be exact), so will not work on a Mac. It will probably work in Windows 11, but I have no confirmation of that yet.
- Determine the correct XML file for your version of Painter. If you have Painter 2023, the correct file for you is "Roxys Brush Creator 2023.xml. If you have Painter 2022, the correct file for you is "Roxys Brush Creator 2022.xml". If you have Corel Painter 2019, 2020, or 2021, the correct file for you is "Roxys Brush Creator.xml"
- Save the XML file inside the framework folder within the Workspace you are using (see installation location screenshot above if unclear).
- If you've never saved a Workspace, it will be 'Default'.
- If you've never saved a layout before, you may not have a Framework folder. You can go ahead and create one, or just save any layout within Painter (go to Window > Layout > Save Layout) to have the program create the Framework folder for you.
- You select the layout in Corel Painter by going to Window > Layout > Roxys Brush Creator. If you had Painter open already, you will need to restart it in order to see the new layout (see activation location screenshot above if unclear)
If the panels don't show up for you, it might be that your minor resolution is smaller than what I designed for (1920x1080). To solve the issue, you can increase your resolution and then drag the layout files inwards, change your res back and saqve as a new layout file.
Alternatively one of my YouTube viewers (PJ Lightning) offered the following solution: "I went through and changed every <palette bounds="x: 1594; to <palette bounds="x: 1149; and saved as a new name. That brought the panels where I could see them so then I just dragged them to a better position and saved t new layout."
Corel Painter 2023 Coupon
Get $100 off on full license of Painter 2023 when you use my affiliate code: https://prf.hn/click/camref:1101ljD8B/destination:https://store.corel.com/1103/?scope=checkout&cart=241333&coupon=PTRROX