Intro to Texturing – Beginner Series Vol. 5
This course is designed to take you from no knowledge of unwrapping, texturing and material setup to a working knowledge of how the texturing process works in a game engine and a video game pipeline.
In this course you will gain a comprehensive understanding of the process of texturing for games. Learn the foundations of unwrapping, baking and texturing in substance painter. All you need is right here. Learn the proper and correct texturing procedures they are using in game studios.
START WITH THE BASICS
Start with understanding the unwrapping process from a very basic level by unwrapping (UV-ing) basic shapes. As you gain understanding you will learn how to unwrap more complex objects.
LEARN TO BAKE PROPERLY
Baking textures from a high to low poly model is an essential skill that all 3D game artists need to master. Learn how to do it properly from an industry pro and take the quality of your models to the next level.
INTRODUCTION TO SUBSTANCE PAINTER
This course will give you the foundation you need to start using Substance Painter like a pro. Without a good first foundation, you will always be struggling to create next-gen level props and environments
– Module 1: Intro to Unwrapping
– Module 2: Unwrapping An Arcade Cabinet
– Assignment #1: Arcade Cabinet
– Module 3: Intro to Baking
– Module 4: Advanced Unwrapping and Baking
– Module 5: Introduction to Texturing in Substance Painter
Students are recommended to have completed the Intro to Sub-division Modeling course.
SKILLS LEVEL: Beginner
3D Studio Max and Substance Painter are required to complete the lessons.
- Short, easy to consume videos for maximum memory retention.
- Learn what is being taught in expensive college programs for a fraction of the cost.
- Practical assignments throughout the course to put into practice what you’ve learned.
PREVIOUS COURSES IN THIS SERIES:
Intro to 3D Modeling – Beginner Series Volume 1
Basic 3D Modeling – Beginner Series Volume 2
Editing Polygons – Beginner Series Volume 3
Subdivision Modeling – Beginner Series Volume 4