Hard Surface Texturing with Substance Painter
On this Tutorial I'll show you how I texture my MM44 Mecha with Substance Painter in about 9H of video. The idea is to show...
On this Tutorial I'll show you how I texture my MM44 Mecha with Substance Painter in about 9H of video. The idea is to show you how to texture a complex model, in Hard Surface style, with a lot of UDIM and for VFX render. I'll show you how to achieve the finest texture look, and try to break the "procedural" Substance looks.
In the first part I'll show you my workflow to Unfold all UVs of the model in about 1H30. We'll take a look at the news UVToolkit and Unfold/Layout UV of the MM44. Next I'll show you how to prepare and export it to Substance (prevent border smoothing, ID maps, Udim, texture set etc...) Then in Substance we will create our own SmartMaterial from scratches, with the help of external textures. After I'll show you the perfect workflow between Substance Painter and Arnold 5 to reproduce the exact same shader. The last part is more about different tips. How to analyse you image, make retakes, adjustment, refinement, found solution, lighting techniques, presentation etc...
- The model and final scene are not provide with this Tutorial. You can bought them separately if you want.
- It's a fully English record Tutorial without any speed-up.
- This is the Part 2, I invite you to look at the Part 1 with about 15Hrs of video modeling this guy.
- Even if it's easy to follow this is not a beginner Tutorial but more an intermediate one. The basics of Maya, Substance and Arnold are recommended.
- Please note that all my workflow use here, my scripts, tools, resources, custom etc are explain in depth in my Fuze Tutorials.
The model is based on a Benoit Godde's concept.
ON PURCHASE YOU WILL RECEIVE :
- 9H of video - Fully in English - Without any speed-up - 1440p - 8Go
- Basic project files (Exr, personal texture, scripts etc...)
You will get 34 files
All files previously purchased will always be available for download in your Library
- 019_Export_Maps.mp441.41 MB
- 031_Export_Height_16bits.mp46.0 MB
- 033_Outro.mp444.54 MB
- 001_Introduction.mp462.66 MB
- 008_Mesh_Export.mp468.99 MB
- 024_Replacement_Textures_...88.81 MB
- 002_Mesh_Preparation.mp4299.42 MB
- 009_Substance_Introductio...101.41 MB
- 013_Iray_Check.mp4161.46 MB
- 006_Unfold.mp4395.31 MB
- 015_YellowMetal.mp4114.74 MB
- 010_BlackMetal.mp4320.85 MB
- 012_BlackMetal.mp4291.24 MB
- 011_BlackMetal.mp4465.21 MB
- 014_Chrome.mp4403.6 MB
- 018_Fabric.mp4280.07 MB
- 020_LookDev_scene.mp4150.57 MB
- 023_Quality_Refinement.mp4140.83 MB
- 022_First_Render.mp4141.72 MB
- 025_Substance_Texture_Ret...232.65 MB
- 029_DOF.mp4111.32 MB
- 026_Texturing_Anoying_Par...121.73 MB
- 028_EXR_Lights.mp496.44 MB
- 030_Decals.mp4217.41 MB
- 027_Dusplicate_Shader_Gra...162.98 MB
- 032_Lighting.mp4194.24 MB
- 016_Torso.mp4258.0 MB
- 021_Build_Shader.mp4100.44 MB
- 007_UV_Layout.mp4478.93 MB
- 017_Torso.mp4566.05 MB
- 004_Unfold.mp4838.99 MB
- 003_UV_Workflow.mp4519.69 MB
- 005_Unfold.mp4905.93 MB
- MM44_2_ProjectFiles.zip37.15 MB