Comic Style Light & Shadow Made Easy
This in-depth, step-by-step course will teach you how & where to add highlights and shadows to line art in real-time! I’ll show you how to...
This in-depth, step-by-step course will teach you how & where to add highlights and shadows to line art in real-time! I’ll show you how to analyze the shapes of the forms in your drawings and correctly start thinking in three dimensions instead of two. We’ll be using the same techniques that I’ve used in my professional work in over 80 issues as a comic book colorist.
How to layer multiple types of lighting to create a stunning final image.
Simple ways to think about your lighting colors.
When to use harder and softer edges when rendering.
How to edit your rendering colors to completely change the tone of a piece.
Whether you are looking to color just for fun or for work, this course will teach you time-saving techniques and shortcuts that will allow you to create rich and beautiful colors.
In additions to the hours of video lessons, the course also includes:
Full resolution, layered PSD files of the exercises for practice.
Layered PSD files from my professional work to study.
Work at your own pace! There's no need to rush, since there's no time limits.
I've created hundreds of hours of tutorials and taught thousands of students worldwide. You can expect top notch video & audio quality throughout.
NOTE: This is not a rank beginner course. I will review some concepts, but if you are completely unfamiliar with coloring, I would consider one of my other coloring courses for the basics first. This course focuses on rendering light and shadow simply and effectively. It does not discuss storytelling or focus as a colorist, and I would consider enrolling in “A Pro Guide to Digital Comic Book Coloring” to understand the fundamentals of sequential color storytelling, adding mood and depth, separating planes, etc, if you are unfamiliar with those concepts.
These lessons feature Photoshop CC and Procreate. You can use any art application that includes layers and blending modes. Some examples would include Clip Studio Paint, ArtStudio Pro, Krita, Sketchbook Pro, and Medibang to name a few.
So join me! I hope to see you there, and I'd love to help you down the path to becoming a great colorist!
You will get 26 files
All files previously purchased will always be available for download in your Library
- COLORED LIGHT.psd1.12 MB
- DWARF_FLATTED.psd17.93 MB
- KMR EXAMPLE FACE.psd32.1 MB
- KMR EXAMPLE DWARF.psd24.07 MB
- HSR0807.psd141.12 MB
- LS01 HEAD FLATTED.psd9.59 MB
- LS0103 TOOLS FINAL.mp4147.45 MB
- LS0101 INTRO FINAL.mp4220.31 MB
- LS0104 TERMS FINAL.mp4312.06 MB
- LS0105 DIRECT LIGHT FINAL...530.47 MB
- LS0106 EDGES FINAL.mp4669.96 MB
- LS0107 DIRECT LIGHT EXAMP...1.08 GB
- LS0106B LIGHT COLORS FINA...462.91 MB
- LS0108 HIGHLIGHTS FINAL.mp4595.45 MB
- LS0109 HIGHLIGHTS - TEXTU...385.14 MB
- LS0110 INDIRECT LIGHT FIN...631.97 MB
- LS0111 LIGHTING EXAMPLES ...486.95 MB
- LS0113 SSC FINAL.mp4167.77 MB
- LS0112 AMBIENT OCCLUSION ...177.16 MB
- LS0111B TERMINATOR FINAL.mp4247.91 MB
- LS0114 FRESNEL FINAL.mp41.19 GB
- LS0115 EXERCISE PART 1 FI...878.63 MB
- LS0116 EXERCISE PART 2 FI...899.32 MB
- LS0119 BONUS FINAL.mp4350.18 MB
- LS0118 OUTRO FINAL.mp475.24 MB
- LS0117 EXERCISE PART 3 FI...921.03 MB